Thursday, January 22, 2004

    These days
    tree tops            & candy bombs

    (I just liking saying "bombs",
    the feel of breaking step
    w/ our authorities...)

    Bomb! The new dirty word-

                     Cows low in the field,
                     birds spy, & foxes hide;
                     move silently through fences,
                     slip into the hen house

    Farmer Jack rants-

____________________________________________________________________________________________

    These days

    O! I hear the dogs             their sharp teeth
    in every bark.                    Geese hiss my rural dreams
    into their kennel.
                                              & every Johnny-Come-Lately
    takes a kick.
                                              My ribs are bruised,
    my nose bloodied,

                                    I love.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

The mountain teems w/ ants.
Each step alters my relationship w/ it.
As I ascend, does it descend?
Or does it stay, immutable,
while my fortunes change (or perhaps my rise is an illusion)?
Perhaps, each step I take is merely a step within myself,
& where they take me changes nothing about me.
Me like a house, w/ many wings, where rooms sit
empty waiting for me to find them,
                      not create them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home