Thursday, November 20, 2003

7 Feb 2002

Certain moments make parenthood all worthwhile. I forget this constantly as I wrap myself in the daily grind.

Last week I shaved my beard from its previous bushy eminence. Owen has not seen my chin for a good part of his life and watched quietly as I did the work. When it was done he laughed and smiled stroking my naked face with his hand. Clearly he thought it was a great joke that I now had no beard. For the next couple of days he would stroke my face anytime I held him, as if looking for the hair he loved to pull. Now he is used to the novelty, soon tiring of the familiar.

Actually, it is nice coming home from work knowing that Owen will give me a big grin when he first sees me. Matilda is often wrapped up with her friends and sometimes says hello or comes for a hug. More often she just keeps playing and says nothing until I initiate the hello.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home