Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Of Bikes & Bunnies

Each morning I expect my morning commute to be easier than the last. Each morning I cruise the same flats, climb the same hills and descend the same slopes, but every morning feels like it might kill me. Increased morning humidity and temperatures play some role in that; it is pretty hot, morning or not. This morning, though I timed my ride after weeks of not doing so and was hearten to see that my ride's time went from twenty-six to twenty-one minutes. So each morning I go a little faster, push a little hard, and ride perhaps a little better.

Yesterday Matilda's wait ended and we bought a black-eared bunny. She's already doting on it like a mother, calling it "sweatpea" and other sugary names. We should have done this earlier, but a confluence of events, laziness and bad decisions pushed it back until we said, "Enough is enough!" Owen's excitement matches Matilda's. Walking the rabbit in our backyard yesterday evening, he hopped eagerly alongside it (causing it no small amount of terror). Matilda will now be able to talk about her long promised bunny with her friends in Helsinki. She leaves next Monday and it hasn't sunk in yet. I'm sure she'll have a good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home